Canadian Change of Address Processing
Over 1.2 million Canadians change addresses annually, significantly reducing the quality of your mailing list. Now you can ensure that your data is accurate and up-to-date with our Canadian Change of Address (CCOA) service. CCOA can substantially reduce undeliverable and duplicate mail pieces by identifying and correcting addressing errors before they enter the mail stream. Your records are compared against the CCOA database to ensure they have the most current addresses and are updated properly according to Canada Post standards.
- Reduce undeliverable mail
- Improve delivery time
- Increase speed of response to mailing
- Reduce duplicate mail pieces and re-mailings
- Reduce employee data entry
- Meet the Canada Post CCOA update standards
- Save money!
- Data formatting to prepare records for processing
- Report breakdown of deliverable/nondeliverable address information
- Data importing of updated records into your existing data files
According to Canada Post:
- In a recent year, 16% – 18% of Canadians changed addresses.
- 75% of undeliverable mail could be fixed by running CCOA prior to the mailing.
Having the correct address ensures that your mailings reach all of your supporters, maximizing your fundraising success!
Commonly Asked Questions
- Q: Why do I need this service?
- A: Canada Post estimates that approximately 16% to 18% of all addresses in a database are invalid due to either the addressee having moved or data entry errors. How much is 20% of your mailing expenses? If you mail 10,000 solicitations at $.54 each and 20% are incorrect, that’s a loss of over $1000!
- Q: How does this service work?
- A: CCOA processing matches your customer records against the CCOA database, using both family (last name only) and individual (first and last name) match logic. Address information provided by you is first standardized to conform with Canada Post requirements. Then, an attempt is made to match address against the CCOA file. This file contains 36 months of address changes filed by relocating postal customers. If a match is made with the old address, we can update your data with the new information.
- Q: How long will it take?
- A: Your data will be formatted for processing. Records are compared against the CCOA database, and all reports indicating all data updates as well as records that still contain inaccurate information.
- Q: Will my records be safe and accurate?
- A: The CCOA service is certified and licensed by Canada Post. Updated computerized change-of-address information is provided each month to CCOA licensees by Canada Post.
Learn more about Canadian Change of Address Processing
To learn more, contact your DonorPerfect account manager at (877) 938-1221.
If you have American donors in your database, we offer this same service for them. Please visit www.donorperfect.com/ncoa
For the best user experience, ensure that enhanced tracking protection is OFF for this site.
Click the purple shield to the left of the browser address bar.
Toggle Enhanced Tracking Protection to the OFF position.
When finished, your browser bar should appear like this: