DPMobile requires access to the microphone and that your volume be set to the maximum level. It also uses the phone’s audio jack to insert the Swipe Device. Both of these need to be functioning properly.
- Set Volume Limit to “Off” if this is enabled in Settings > Music.
- After your device is plugged in, turn the volume setting for your headphones to the maximum level.
- Verify DPMobile has access to the Microphone. In Settings, tap General > Privacy > Microphone. Turn DPMobile’s access on if it is not enabled.
- In Settings > DPMobile, make sure the toggle for Microphone is turned on.
- Clear your audio port of dust and lint.
- If your phone has a case, please try removing it to ensure that the Card Reader can be fully inserted and has a secure connection.
- Using a soft cloth, wipe the DPMobile Card Reader’s metal connector that plugs into your audio port.
- Test your microphone. Open Voice Memos and tap the record icon. Then speak into the microphone and tap the play icon to play back the recording. You should be able to hear your voice clearly.
If you notice that DPMobile or the Swipe device isn’t acting the way you would expect, try these additional tips:
- Make sure you have the most recent version of iOS and DPMobile on your phone. (Note: DPMobile only works on iOS phones and tablets. DPMobile does not work on laptop computers.)
- DPMobile requires that the native Apple Maps program be run at least once on your phone or mobile device for DPMobile to be configured correctly. Please tap the icon for Maps and agree to the location services message that pops up. You can disable location services for Maps later.
- Verify the correct Swipe Device is selected in Settings > Select Card Reader.
- Unplug the DPMobile Card Reader and plug it back in while DPMobile is open.
- Clean the Card Reader’s slot with a Card Reader cleaning card.
- Restart your phone or tablet.
- Is Siri popping up or interfering with the Swipe Device? If so, disable Siri in Settings > General > Siri.
- If bluetooth is enabled, you should turn it off in Settings. Bluetooth headsets will interfere with the Swipe Device ability to function properly.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet using either Cellular or Wifi. DPMobile can only process payments while online. IMPORTANT: If you have at least 2 ‘bars’ or more of cell phone signal, we recommend you use the cellular data function of your device instead of the wifi signal as this is more reliable.
- If you are using Cellular, turn it on for DPMobile in Settings > Cellular.
Force DPMobile to close by pressing the “Home” button on your phone or tablet two times quickly. You’ll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close, then swipe up on DPMobile’s preview to close it.
Force any open apps closed by pressing the “Home” button on your phone or tablet two times quickly. You’ll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close, then swipe up to close it.
Deleting and reinstalling DPMobile does not impact any data stored in DonorPerfect. Simply log back into your account once the app reinstalls.
- Tap and hold the app until it jiggles.
- Tap the “X” on the app.
- Press the “Home” button.
- Go to the App Store and download the app again.
- Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.