DonorPerfect Release Notes
March 10, 2023
2023 DP 2.3.3 Release
The 2.3.3 Release features necessary corrections to ensure our standard reports are giving users accurate results. This release also features a number of corrections to DonorPerfect’s donation forms.
- Time stamp information has been removed from the Created Date field. This will allow users to filter and report on the field with accurate results.
- The Month and Year to Date Summary (Fiscal) report will produce accurate results regardless of the default date format selected in system settings.
- Corrections have been made to multiple gift/pledge reports that were causing duplicated gift transactions to appear in exported CSV files.
- Users can export 1000+ donor records using the Top Donor Listing report successfully.
- The Membership Status report has been adjusted and will display the correct number of new memberships in the drill-down details of the report.
- Multiple corrections have been made to the AFP Key Donor Metrics report.
- Calculations for the following segments are accurate: Upgrade Revenue, Same Revenue, and Downgrade Revenue.
- The As of Date at the top of the report is corrected.
- The sort order selected on the export template will be respected when data is exported.
Donation Forms Corrections
- The salutation field will correctly populate in the thank you email if the user selects to use a DonorPerfect template.
- The gift date of a transaction processed through a donation form will reflect the same date as when the donor submitted the transaction through the form.
- Users can add two additional fields as hidden fields on a donation form. These fields are the Gift Solicitor field (GSOLIC) and the Fair Market Value field (FMV).
- Tribute donations made through an online form will correctly download to DonorPerfect and link the gift to the tribute.
- Membership fields will update when a gift is downloaded from an online form if the general ledger applied to the gift is associated with a membership.
- All users with permissions can successfully create, edit, and publish forms.
February 2, 2023
2023 DP 2.3.2 Release
The 2.3.2 Release features a number of user efficiency corrections and helpful improvements to Selection Filters, making it an even easier tool to navigate.
- DonorPerfect auto-fills data entry fields when designated to do so.
- Compound filter criteria are easily viewable in the preview.
- You can create and trigger SmartActions without error.
- Searches return complete and accurate results.
- We added a new filter operator that allows you to exclude multiple options when filtering on a coded field.
- Simplified wording for the filter operators makes them easier to understand and identify how they affect the filter.
- Additional helper text provides guidance to the user on how filter operators work and are intended to function.
November 11, 2022
2022 DP 2.2.7 Release
- The alert icon will only appear if there are active alerts to attend to.
- We renamed Batch 2.0 to Batch Gift Entry but accidentally left behind some Batch 2.0 references in the software. We have corrected this.
- Gift lists included in email receipts will respect the number of decimals set for a field in the screen designer.
- If a donor record has no history of gifts, the Last Contributed Amount and Number of Years Donated field will have a value of 0 instead of being left blank.
- Gifts processed electronically through a SafeSave Gateway cannot be partially refunded until the gift has settled. Instead, you can void any gifts that have not settled yet.
- Matching gifts created in Batch Gift Entry will not be added to a donor record until you post the gift batch.
- Users with group security permissions set on the gift date field were encountering an error when the user saved a gift, the gift date would be deleted. We have resolved this issue.
- SmartScreens combined with user group permissions were causing some fields to be hidden. We’ve made sure SmartScreens will work as intended.
- Users can select any item from the Apps menu in the DonorPerfect navigation bar regardless of their browser’s width.
- When using Thank Donor>Send a Letter from a gift record, DonorPerfect will include the correct number of decimals set for the field.
- We’ve renamed our duplicate maintenance tool. We’ve replaced Duplicate Removal in User Management with Merge Duplicates.
- We have corrected a sync error between DonorPerfect and Constant Contact. The two systems now sync properly and create contact transactions.
August 15, 2022
2022.8 (FORMS BETA) Release
- Donations downloaded through donation forms will be monitored for potential matches in DonorPerfect. If a match is found, DP Donation Forms will download the gift to the existing donor record.
- DP Donation Forms will be added to User Security so the DonorPerfect administrator can provide or deny access to this feature.
- Users can easily navigate between DonorPerfect, DP Donation Forms, and Online Forms through a clickable link in each product.
June 14, 2022
2022.5 (FORMS BETA) Release
- You can create a form where a monthly gift is the only option.
- You can make a copy of existing forms.
- Your donors can use an accessibility feature created by userway.org for the visually impaired on your donation forms.
- You can eliminate the pre-defined amount ranges leaving only the custom donation amount field.
- You can rename your donation form after you have created it.
- Time stamps will be added to transactions to make it easier to find when necessary.
June 3, 2022
2022.4 (BETA) Release
- Donors can contribute Tribute gifts on donation forms.
- Donors can request that an individual or multiple individuals be notified of a tribute donation.
- Tribute gifts automatically download to DonorPerfect. If there is an exact match based on Tribute Type and Tribute Name, DonorPerfect will apply the gift to an existing tribute record.
March 31, 2022
PayPal is now an available payment option for DP Forms.
- You can add an existing or create a new PayPal business account in the Payment Options section in DP Forms.
- Donors can pay via PayPal balance or credit, the pay later feature, or use Debit/Credit.
- PayPal gifts will receive a Payment Type of PayPal and a Gift Type of PayPal
Venmo is now an available payment option for DP Forms.
- You can add an existing Venmo account to the payment options section in DP Forms.
- Venmo gifts will receive a Payment Type of Venmo and a Gift Type of PayPal.
An alert will generate for users who refund or void a PayPal or Venmo donation in DonorPerfect with instructions to adjust the gift in PayPal or Venmo.
February 28, 2022
- The Fundraising Goal feature is now live. You have the ability to add up to three Fundraising Goals on the Home Page.
- You can now send emails via your preferred email provider through DonorPerfect. When you click on Send Email on the Main Page, you can select Via my Email and select your email provider.
- Sending an email using “Via My Email” creates Contact Transactions. The system creates Contact Transactions to indicate when the email was sent and if there was a reply.
- Gift Batch Entry – The Binoculars Icon is available when entering in Soft Credits for Batch Gift Entry.
January 24, 2022
- Drop-Down Fields can be added via DonorPerfect Donation Forms (DP Forms). You now have the ability to create a new drop-down field or code in DP Forms and it will be created in DonorPerfect.
- Ability to edit field properties in the form. You can now change the description of codes, reorder codes, add new codes or even hide codes for existing drop-down fields.
December 9, 2021
- Donation Forms will update the following fields when a donation is successfully submitted: Gift Fields, Main Fields, Pledge Fields.
- These fields will be automatically populated for all gifts with a thank you letter code assigned, a default email template associated with the form, or a customized template associated with the form. It will also only update these fields if they are not already populated.
- The Thank You Date and Thank You Email Letter Date Sent will automatically be populated with the current date when a receipt is generated and delivered by Donation Forms.
- Receipts will automatically be sent for monthly and one-time gifts. Receipt fields will be automatically updated as well.*Note: If the email template assigned to the form, does not have an associated TY Code, the receipt fields will not be populated automatically.
- TWhen a gift has a Thank-You letter code assigned, the default email sent from the donation form will be disabled so that donors are not receiving multiple communications.
- The Email Receipt History Report will reflect a source code of DPForms when a thank you code has been assigned by a donation form.
- When a donation form email template is used to send a receipt, the Thank-You letter field on the corresponding gift record will be updated to DPFORMSEMAIL.
- On a donation form, you can now toggle between two choices for a confirmation email. You can create a custom email in the donation form, or apply a DonorPerfect email template.
- You will have the option to assign a thank you letter code to the donation form.
- Most recent customizations made to the default email template will be saved even if the option is deselected in favor of a DP Email template. If the default email template is re-selected, the assigned Thank You letter code will be automatically removed.
- The Thank You Letter Code field will be restricted and not available to add as a custom field as it is already available under Settings.
- Thank you emails will be automatically sent by Donation Forms when the default email template is being used. The thank-you email will be sent by DonorPerfect when a thank-you letter code is assigned and therefore a DonorPerfect email template is being used.
Follow us on social!