Increase Processing Success!
Save time by eliminating the need to manually track and update expired or replaced cards. With Account Updater, you’ll process more recurring gifts without any extra administrative work.
Nonprofits who use DonorPerfect’s Account Updater have seen as much as a 31% increase in successful monthly giving collection.
Account Updater is a simple, cost-effective solution for managing and maintaining up-to-date donor credit card account information.
DonorPerfect’s Account Updater swiftly and seamlessly updates recurring donor payment account information in your system when it changes.
You pay just $0.99 per card update. For your convenience, these fees are billed and listed in your normal monthly account statement.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What percentage of cards will be updated?
- A: This can vary depending upon how pledges and card information have been handled by your organization. Account Updater normally submits all cards that have been used in the last twelve months and we see 10% on average of the cards updated initially with only 1-2% updated each month after that.
- Q: What types of cards are updated?
- A: Currently, this service updates Visa, Mastercard, and Discover cards issued by participating banks. Approximately 85% of U.S. issued credit cards are eligible for Account Updater.
- Q: Will Account Updater work for cards issued outside of the United States?
- A: Currently, the service provides updates for United States issued cards. Account Updater will be available for Canadian clients by June 2017.
- Q: How frequently do updates occur?
- A: Updates happen once every month and are automatically reflected in your DonorPerfect system.
- Q: Will I be notified of updates?
- A: An email notification detailing card updates is automatically sent to the email address associated with your gateway account.
- Q: How will updated card information be recorded in DonorPerfect?
- A: The data stored in your gateway vault will be automatically updated in 24 hours with the expiration date and masked card number.
- Q: What happens to the old card data and previous transactions?
- A: All previous transactions are still tracked in DonorPerfect but replaced card information is not stored.