October 29, 2013 | Categories Expert Webcast, Fundraising Strategies
Tips for a Successful Capital Campaign – A DonorPerfect Expert Webcast
Susan L. Axelrod, CFRE, PFR, presented her thoughts and tips on “How to Run a Successful Capital Campaign” on October 24.
Susan approached the task of presenting advice on a popular topic in the form of tips. If you missed the live webinar, your can review the webcast recording below.
How to Run a Successful Capital Campaign
- Many popular resources are available on Capital Campaign Planning, such as www.capitalcampaigns.com, Capital Campaigns: Strategies that Work by Andrea Kihlstedt, and Preparing Your Capital Campaign by Marilyn Bancel, CFRE.
- A feasibility study is critical to undertaking a capital campaign.
- The active presence of a campaign cabinet will guide the campaign along. The cabinet must work along with a designated campaign director.
- You should have defined administrative support staff, as well as donor tracking software such as DonorPerfect. Campaign progress must be tracked and reported continually.
- Design your recognition and marketing materials thoughtfully.
- Don’t be afraid to make a dual ask; an annual appeal and campaign ask can be made at the same time.
- Include an endowment portion in a capital campaign.
For more information on DonorSearch, DonorPerfect’s prospect research service, contact your account manager at 800-848-3279 or by email at email@example.com.
Expert Webcast Series
This webcast is a free service provided by DonorPerfect Fundraising Software. To watch additional free trainings, visit the DonorPerfect Nonprofit Expert Webcasts Archive.