What is the Board’s Role in NonProfit Fundraising?
Our most recent Expert Webcast was hosted on March 27, 2013, by Linda Lysakowski, ACFRE, a seasoned nonprofit consultant. The title of the webcast was The Board’s Role in Fundraising. Linda offered valuable advice to increase the effectiveness of the board. While the entire webcast and presentation are available here, I’ll summarize below some of the major points:
Click Image to Watch Video
Please click here to download the webinar materials
How to Increase NonProfit Board Member Efficacy
- Recruiting the right candidate and conveying the responsibilities of the board are the key components to having a successful contributor “on board.”
- Every board member must understand his or her role, whether they are a new member or one already engaged with your organization. Convey that role in the description of that position and incorporate it into several aspects of your organization.
- Orientation of the board should make them supporters of your mission. They need to believe in your mission, and they also need to make contributions that are at meaningful levels.
- If the board is not giving to your organization, they probably are not going to be as successful at asking others to give.
- Make sure that the board is involved in your development plan. The board should also have a presence on your development committee.
- Several ways exist for the board to raise money without even asking directly. By introducing various methods of raising money, some members who are not experienced fundraisers can be made more successful.
DonorPerfect has a tool that helps you gauge the success of your board. In our Moves Management module, you have the ability to identify the solicitors, constituents, and actions that go into an organized plan. You also can monitor the progress made toward financial goals by running several reports at any point in your moves plan.
DonorPerfect’s NonProfit Expert Webcast Series
Don’t stop there! DonorPerfect has brought in experts on a wide range of nonprofit topics that can help jump start your organization’s fundraising campaigns, online strategy and implement best practices. Check out our Nonprofit Expert Webcasts.
Expert Webcast – The Board’s Role in Fundraising