Matching Gift Resources
We’ve partnered with the leading manager of corporate matching gift data to provide two great services to increase matching gifts. GiftPlus Online lets you quickly check if a donor’s employer has a matching gift program, and E-Match offers the ability to add a link to your web site so donors can check this information for themselves.
Matching gift programs have generated over $2 billion in contributions!
Gift Plus Online contains more than 8,000 companies, subsidiaries and divisions that match employee gifts to nonprofit institutions and organizations. This online service provides everything you need to know about an employer’s matching gift program, without you having to make any calls to the companies!
How does GiftPlus work?
This service provides a full year of access to an online matching gift database, which contains all of the information you need to collect matching funds such as:
- complete contact information
- procedures and deadlines
- minimum/maximum match amount
- eligibility requirements
- restrictions and conditions
- a link to the company’s matching gift request form
E-Match Donor Link
The E-Match Donor Link is a custom created link that appears on your web site to help your constituents and friends check if their employers will match their gifts to your organization. Instead of directing donors to their employer’s personnel office, they can now check their match status online in seconds!
How does E-Match Donor work?
This service provides a link on your web site for your donors to use to research their own employer’s matching gift policies. From your homepage, your donor simply keys in their employer’s name. Instantly, they are told if their gift to your organization can be matched. If they are match-eligible, their employer’s match policy information will be listed, just as with the GiftPlus Online service.
Commonly Asked Questions
Why do I need this service?
Thousands of companies in the U.S. maintain a matching gifts program. If you aren’t aware of which companies match their employees’ donations, you may be missing a significant amount of money that is available to your organization. GiftPlus Online and E-Match make it easier for you and your donors to ensure that any eligible contributions you receive are matched by the donor’s employer.
How long does it take to get going?
Access to the GiftPlus Online database can be provided within one business day from the time you purchase. The creation of the E-Match Donor Link on your web site can typically be set up within three business days.
Roughly 1 in 10 gifts to 501c3’s can be matched, yet a fraction of that amount is ever realized due to apathy and lack of current information. Thousands of universities, non-profits and schools are significantly increasing matching gift revenue by placing HEP’s matching gift search engines on their web page.
Benefits of Matching Gift Resources
- Increase matching gift revenue by identifying corporations that have a matching gift program.
- Instant availability of employer information and guidelines for matching gifts.
- Increase new donor acquisition by using the match incentive to get a first time gift.
- Matching gift information is continuously updated.
Additional E-Match Benefits
- The E-Match link will be customized to work with your web site, enabling your donors and prospects to seamlessly search for their employers matching gift information!
- Increase matching gift awareness and revenue by involving your donors in the process.