1. Define your goal. Your goal should be measurable, quantifiable, and specific.
2. Why is this goal important to your mission? Who is benefitting from this goal? Writing this out now will help you to set the tone of your campaign later.
3. Which of your past campaigns were successful? Which elements of these campaigns are worth repeating? This will require some reporting.
4. Who can you involve to make your campaign a success? Maybe your top donors? Past volunteers and fundraisers?
5. How will you reach your donors? (social media, phone calls, direct mail, email, or all of the above)