Recently Darryl Moser, DonorPerfect’s Business Development Manager, met with Donna Stucker, Vice President of Philanthropy, and Olivia Hubert, Development Manager of the Humane Society of Charlotte, and with Julio Riveras, Deputy Director at Crittenton Services of Greater Washington, to deliver a webinar panel on donor acquisition. In the webinar entitled Building a Strong Donor Pool, the group explored how to find and qualify new donors to support your mission. What follows is a summary of this informative webinar and some resources you can use to develop your donor acquisition strategy.
What You Will Learn
Our panelists share their fundraising budgets, average gift amounts, and donor totals during the webinar to show how their donor acquisition strategies impacted their fundraising success. Here are some key takeaways from the group:
- Take advantage of all the tools available to manage your donor acquisition efforts.
- The best place to find potential monthly giving program participants and major donors is within your existing donor base.
- Your Board can and should play an active role in major donor fundraising. They can be the spark that makes the difference!
- Use social media to drive organic growth.
- Direct Mail is still an effective way to connect with donors.
- Don’t be afraid to review your donation pages to make changes, such as adding recurring giving, to catapult your growth and retention.
- Learn what motivates your prospects to give. For some, it’s numbers and stats. For others, it’s connecting to a story.
- The impact of COVID can open new opportunities and donor segments.
Who Should Watch
If you’ve ever struggled to find and qualify new donors to support your mission, this webinar is for you! We recommend this webinar to:
- Executive Directors
- Development Directors and Staff
- Board Members
Building a Strong Donor Pool
February 17, 2021
Additional Donor Acquisition Resources
Check out these related blog posts to help you build a strong donor pool.
About Our Panelists
Darryl Moser, Business Development Manager, DonorPerfect
For the past five years, Darryl Moser has been DonorPerfect’s Business Development Manager, working to discover integrations and partners that will support your nonprofit organization’s growth goals. He also serves on the Board of a local Human Services organization with a $1.5 million budget.
Donna Stucker, Vice President of Philanthropy for the Humane Society of Charlotte
Olivia Hubert, Development Manager for the Humane Society of Charlotte.
The Humane Society of Charlotte, established in 1978, is a leading animal welfare agency based in Charlotte, North Carolina. With approximately 60 employees and a $4 million budget, this nonprofit is a community resource committed to delivering effective and innovative services to strengthen the human-animal bond and improve companion animals’ lives and the people who care about them.
Julio Rivas, Deputy Director of Crittenton Services of Greater Washington
Crittenton Services of Greater Washington empowers teens girls to overcome obstacles, make positive choices, and achieve their goals through programs in schools throughout the Greater Washington Area. With ten employees and a $2 million budget, their social and emotional learning programs help underserved Black and Brown teen girls grades 6 to 12 to gain positive life skills and the confidence to succeed at their goals.